Yes, I am Ferizzle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yes, I am Ferizzle

And of course, being a programmer I have to do this...

So really, from what I've read, they're at least 80% as good as the Wacom tablets at about 25% the price. I figured that $50 wasn't that much to drop on a hobby, since I've put so much more into other things (gaming). Hopefully I can start on my next page of my HeartGold soon, but that may have to wait till this weekend.

"Talking with Rin is like playing chess with a supercomputer who does seemingly completely random moves as if to mock everything you know about chess. It's like that, except with human interaction."

"Good morning, it is good to be alive."
Ethanmn
Fire

http://cousinsco.forumotion.cc

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Yes, I am Ferizzle :: Comments

Post on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:14 pm  ChaoticGrowth

Hooray! Yeah dude, your tablet was 50% the price of mine, but it has a significantly larger active area. That's pretty sweet. I hope you enjoy it.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:33 pm  Aznmastermind5

Zomg the deals!

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:08 pm  yin666

Nice! Hussein has been wanting a tablet since like high school or something. I like how everyone else has one now but him lol

He should really get one if they are only $50

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:14 pm  yang777

Hmm, now I really should look into it. I've been scared of the "learning curve" of transitioning from paper to tablet, but it looks so fun/cool! Oh, and I always thought they were pretty expensive, but $50 ain't bad at all.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:22 pm  ChaoticGrowth

Yeah, tablets are awesome. I will be honest, there is some learning curve to it. It takes some getting used to, mostly because things don't quite work the way they would on paper, but it's great fun, and all it takes is practice.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:27 pm  Ethanmn

Yeah I've actually been debating weather I should make page 2 of HeartGold on paper or tablet, because waiting for my "tablet-legs" (as it were) may delay the page up to 1-2 weeks. I'm still having a hard time just putting the stuff I usually doodle on the sides of my notes on to digital paper.

If you're interested in buying one, you can go to Monoprice or just click here for tablets.

I have only had mine for a day, but it works like a charm. The only bit of warning I have is that you have to make sure you install drivers before you plug it in, and when doing that you have to restart your computer several times. It was kind of confusing. I got my drivers from here because apparently the default drivers don't support dual screens (plus they are at least 2 years old). If you decide to get one, good luck! I'm enjoying mine! (when I find time) Mine was actually only $41 but with $5 next day shipping (INSTANT GRATIFICATION) and $4 tax.

One more thing, for reference I got the 8x6 (about 1/4 bigger than an Alienware mouse pad) and Matt has a 5x3 I think?

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:41 pm  ChaoticGrowth

Yeah, 5.8x3.6. It feels larger than you would expect, but it's nevertheless kind of small. It works fine for my purposes, but I do sometimes wish I had a larger drawing space because I have to zoom and move quite a lot. Right now, I don't have the need/money, but if I do get far enough into drawing and stuff, I may someday buy another tablet with a larger active area.
I do often use it in place of a mouse though, and having the small active area for that purpose is actually a plus. Less movement.

I would basically die if I were able to get a Wacom Cintiq, because they're like the coolest things in the world, but those things be crazy mad expensive, so unless I started actually drawing for some sort of profit, I wouldn't get one. In other words, not going to happen. Still, it's fun to dream about.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:58 pm  Ethanmn

Oh God I just looked on of those things up. Holy moly are those things sick! If only I were good at teh drawings.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:07 pm  ChaoticGrowth

Yeah dude, Cintiqs are beautiful. Maybe someday I'll have the money and time to do whatever I want. That would be great.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:11 pm  rift88

Ethanmn wrote:Yeah I've actually been debating weather

Ethanmn wrote:Yeah I've actually been debating weather

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:17 pm  Ethanmn

I have no words for this mix of hilarity and insultedness I feel.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:26 pm  rift88

sorry I couldn't resist. I love you EB Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:09 pm  ChaoticGrowth

I couldn't help but laugh. What is that picture of Ethan from?

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:49 pm  Aznmastermind5

Dear God that is amazing

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:07 pm  rift88

@Matt. Got it from Facebook

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:15 pm  ChaoticGrowth

Oh yep. That's the most recent picture. Haha.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:19 pm  Ethanmn

Yeeeaaahhh... Remind me to untag that pic before I go interview for any jobs.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:15 pm  yin666

Lol Jamey I got a good laugh out of that... sorry ethan =P

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum