The Pokemons They Calls!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Pokemons They Calls!

Yesterday, I wrote about how I hated my Red. I thought it would be the end of my Pokemon aspirations, but in a last desperate attempt, I jumped to Google: "HeartGold". What I found lifted my spirits. See now, when I drew charmander, I ended up with something that looked like the hell spawn of a devil and a telitubby. It was not good. Cyndaquil on the other hand, was a very simple shape, and is my favourite fire starter. Did you know the male protagonist character of HeartGold is named "Ethan"? Neither did I! But all the more reason to play him! Finally my flame of inspiration was rekindled, who cares if I don't have fancy computer art technology! I'm going to try it! Well. That's what I said... Time may dictate otherwise. So here's what I have so far.

Yeah I know, the hand is half erased, and sucks. Yeah, some parts are transparent that shouldn't be. Yeah, it still kinda sucks. But, you know what? It's still way better than my Red and charmander, and that's good enough for me.

"Talking with Rin is like playing chess with a supercomputer who does seemingly completely random moves as if to mock everything you know about chess. It's like that, except with human interaction."

"Good morning, it is good to be alive."
Ethanmn
Fire

http://cousinsco.forumotion.cc

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

The Pokemons They Calls! :: Comments

Post on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:18 pm  ChaoticGrowth

In response to the singular question in the post, yes.
But anyways, it would be pretty cool if you did run HG. Would you not give your character the hat? I like the floating head. It seems surprised to be floating.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:29 pm  Ethanmn

Yeah, I don't like hats. I figured that the clothes are enough to indicate who he is based on. The floating head is me drawing his stupid face when I got frustrated with his hair (spoilers: it sucks). Also, I just realized this wasn't a blog, but now it is!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:36 pm  ChaoticGrowth

Well, the hat is the most common identifier for Ethan, but honestly, as long as the audience knows what game you're playing, you could dress up the player character however you want and it would be fine. You've already stated what game it is, plus there's a Cyndaquil on his shoulder, so you're all good. Haha.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:16 pm  Aznmastermind5

Or give him a nametag with Ethan =P

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:02 am  ChaoticGrowth

Just plaster it in a giant rectangle across his chest.

Also, I simply couldn't stop giggling when you said this:
Ethanmn wrote:when I drew charmander, I ended up with something that looked like the hell spawn of a devil and a telitubby.=
So I had to get it out of my system and quickly scribble something up.

Here you go:

Last edited by ChaoticGrowth on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:06 am  Ethanmn

HOW DID IT FOLLOW ME HERE! IT'S NOT ALLOWED INSIDE THIS DIMENSION!! WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!??!?!!?!??!

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:49 am  Aznmastermind5

The face in the tail fire was a nice touch

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:02 am  yang777

Yay, I'm glad you decided to do HG!

And that charmander/devil/teletubbie is gunna give me nightmares.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:06 am  yin666

Don't worry Hussein.

*Hassan used dream eater*

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:23 am  ChaoticGrowth

Thanks Rem, I thought so as well.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:08 pm  Ethanmn

So... Making comics is hard! I'll try to get one out, but this week is actually a particularly heavy week for me. Don't expect anything too soon.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:07 pm  ChaoticGrowth

Yeah man, I knew it wouldn't be easy, but it takes a lot of work. Planning panel sizes and borders and stuff is more difficult than I had expected. Anyway, looking forward to the beginning of your adventure.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:09 pm  Ethanmn

I'm beginning to realize why no one does these (or any comic really) by hand. Re-positioning, layering, resizing. These are not things in the realm of paper and pencil. Also grease stains. Sad sad day. Stupid dinner.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:14 pm  ChaoticGrowth

Yeah dude, doing it on a computer makes it a good deal easier. Though actually while most webcomic artists do use software, there are still some who pencil and ink their comics, then scan them and edit what they've already made. This is especially true of mangaka. People be crazy.

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum