1 - Introductions

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1 - Introductions

Last edited by ChaoticGrowth on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:40 am; edited 10 times in total

Everything appears beautiful to me.
ChaoticGrowth
Nature

Back to top Go down

- Similar topics
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

1 - Introductions :: Comments

Post on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:13 am  ChaoticGrowth

First page of first episode. Moving super slow. Sorry.

Also, sorry about the first few panels or so being of lower quality than the rest of the page (not that the rest is especially good). I was really lazy, and I didn't feel like redrawing it.

God, this one page took me the entirety of the day. One panel in particular took me most of that. It should be pretty easy to guess which. I'm proud of how it turned out, though. I'm also probably more proud than I honestly ought to be of the chibis in the bottom left panel. I was so happy because I got them right in only a couple tries. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:41 am  rift88

Lol another webcomic to look forward to Smile pretty awesome matt

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:08 am  yin666

Looks cute, I'm essited!

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:17 pm  Aznmastermind5

This whole idea looks pretty fun. Loving the comic, I hope you also fit in any 'pokelogic' you come across =D

Is this also the challenge where cant use pokecenters, only potions you find?

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:33 pm  Ethanmn

Looks good Matt! Good luck on your journey!

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:00 pm  ChaoticGrowth

Thanks you guys. I'm really enjoying it, but unfortunately, as far as the game goes, it's very slow going. I can't afford to get too far ahead in the game or else I'll forget about things, so I'm still only 30 minutes into the actual game, and this first page has covered about 2 minutes. Razz

@Rem Some people implement that rule, but most people don't. It's way too hardcore that way. Some people just like to limit the number of Pokemon center visits, one per town, one after a gym battle, etc. But as I said in the explanation, the two core rules are the only ones necessary to make a Nuzlocke run.

Oh, also, I just want to confirm that you guys understood the "Brendan" thing. If you didn't, here's a hint: look up the name for the male character if you choose to be female.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:34 am  yang777

The May picture is sooo good! I especially like that you took on such a difficult hand position and I love that the face totally captures manga style to me, yay!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:16 pm  ChaoticGrowth

Episode 1, Page 2 is up. I'm just going to post all the pages for a single episode in the same blog post by editing them in and reply as a notification.

And yes, the Pokeball flew back to my hand. In my universe, that's
what Pokeballs do after the Pokemon comes out of them. This is not the
weirdest thing that Pokeballs are going to be doing, so get used to it.
Man, I am so sick of drawing Zigzagoon. So many spikes. Fortunately, I don't think there are very many other storyline Zigzagoons, if any. If one joins my team, I'll deal with that when it happens.

Thanks Sein. Yeah, that hand took me quite a while, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Also, what I've found is that manga style is all in the eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:26 pm  Ethanmn

Oh would you look at that? The one he picked just happened to be Treeko. What a crazy coincidence.

Haha looking good so far Matt.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 pm  ChaoticGrowth

Haha, of course. For the record, of the three Pokeballs in the panel, the one he picked up was the leftmost one, and that actually is the one that would contain Treecko.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:14 pm  Aznmastermind5

That Treecko looks like it's about to go all Godzilla on that Zigzagoon

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:04 am  ChaoticGrowth

Yeah dude, Treecko is about to wreck that Zigzagoon, and the Zigzagoon knows it.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 am  yang777

Agghhhh you're making me sooo jealous of your comic skills! That first panel was a brilliant use of the comic as a medium, master class really. I'm serious, I love love love that first panel. And the last panel had such a great perspective, I've never actually attempted drawing anything in that kind of perspective. Good job Matt!

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:03 am  yin666

Yeah great job! So clever and well thought out Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 am  ChaoticGrowth

Thanks you guys! I try my best! It's difficult, but it feels so fulfilling to finally complete a challenging part. Smile

So, since school starts up again for me tomorrow, the rate of production is going to slow down below the currently slow pace. My plan is to do enough throughout the week to be able to post a new page every Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:25 pm  rift88

Very impressive. Seriously looking forward to updates

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:45 am  ChaoticGrowth

Episode 1, Page 3 is up.

And so, Matt continues to make very slow progress on his journey. Originally, I had other little gags planned before getting to May, but I decided to cut them. They weren't really doing much but slow down the story.

This page is probably making it extremely obvious how bland and boring Matt's clothing is. Don't worry, those are just his "moving in" clothes. Before he leaves on his adventure, he'll change into something more suitable. (In reality, those clothes are a result of the very first panel of the comic being so crappily drawn.)

As a side note, I actually gave Nick his name in game on a whim. I didn't come up with the reason until later, but I put it in the comic, also on a whim. In other words, I'm pretty much just making this stuff up as I go. *shrug*
Or am I?

What's with that last line you ask? Well, we'll just have to wait and see, won't we?

P.S. Hands suck.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:21 am  Aznmastermind5

Hm the link is broken for me, or maybe it's just my phone

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:21 am  ChaoticGrowth

Uh, well, it works for me, but I redid the link just in case. Hopefully it works now.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:41 pm  yang777

Are you gunna color every "pokemon joined" panel or was it too much work?

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:55 pm  ChaoticGrowth

I'll probably color all of them. Coloring the Pokemon (especially because I'm not shading) is actually quite easy. It's people that I don't like coloring. Also, doing one part of a panel every once in a while isn't an overwhelming amount. Full color would be.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:12 pm  Aznmastermind5

I can see why you dont like drawing hands =P

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:42 pm  ChaoticGrowth

I'm just glad that they all looked like hands in the end. Getting the fingers to look okay on Matt's left hand in the start of the battle panel took me god knows how long.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:46 pm  Aznmastermind5

That one turned out pretty good though

The awkward palm to leg action on the other hand... XD

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum